- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Wafer Cookies
"Wonderful! Perfect quick vanilla cookie. They are incredible in homemade banana pudding and with ice cream smooshed inside them for sandwiches!"
"These taste good with just 3/4 cup of sugar as others have noted. They are quick and easy to make."
"This is a very crisp and buttery cookie. That's perfectly shaped. It's a nice Choice for the Holidays. The taste is very similar to Pressed Cookies. One could certainly dress them up with a singular pecan half on top. Some Colored Sugar would make another nice topping. Dressed up or down its a very good Cookie Jar Filler.I reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup. Next time I'd like to try both Brown and white sugar.Janie Taste of Home volunteer Field Editor."
"Wonderful, beautiful cookie! Quickly baked up beautiful round circle cookies- used smallest cookie scoop. Half pressed with sugar the other half glass pressed with cinnamon & sugar. Baked as directed for 11 min. Let them cool completely on cookie sheet. Very fragile when warm but perfect when cool. As a volunteer field editor with Taste of Home, I enjoy making classic recipes that can be put together quickly."
"very easy to make! taste like a yummy sugar cookie!"