- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each until light and fluffy. Add wafers to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, testing after 1 hour. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely. If desired, garnish with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake(2)
Sort By :
A DELICIOUS, OLD-FASHIONED TASTING CAKE. WORTH THE EFFORT. I PUT A BASIC DRIZZLE FOR LOOKS.
This cake looks yummy; I adore anything with coconut and can't wait until Easter to try it; it will be the star of my dinner!