- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla salt. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
Sort By :
These were very good! We followed the recipe almost exactly, but substituted coconut oil for the butter. Delicious!
My favourite brownie recipe for years now! My 10 year old made them today for her first brownie recipe and they turned out great. We like them with the brown butter frosting from the Out of this World Brownie recipe also on this site. Ours were done in 25 mins. We like them so they're ooey gooey good....I think baking them 35-40 mins would be far too long. My kids don't like nuts so we omitted. Wonderful recipe! I am a volunteer Field Editor for TOH as well ??
Just delicious. This quickly became my new go-to brownie recipe. I substituted gluten-free all-purpose flour to accommodate to my sister's health (She's clinically gluten-free, not by choice.) And they turned out wonderful. I will be making them again soon!
very yummy and had all the ingredients on hand!!
How do you make 36 brownies from this? Then they would be a bite size !