- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
Sort By :
"These brownies are super easy to make. I love the chocolate chips. They are more cakey than I like but I thought the flavor was good. However, they fell apart when I served them so maybe I needed to bake them a few more minutes."
"These are the most amazing brownies. I have to agree about the ingredients...just easy, common ingredients that you have on hand. You may not have the chocolate chunks, but could use anything you have on hand or even nothing. I actually do not think these are too sweet at all. I add milk chocolate frosting to mine. I think these have more of a bitter sweet taste, especially because of the large chunks. I leave half plain (some don't like frosting), then I frost the rest. They bake beautifully & make such a large amount. This is a great recipe that I have now made three times. I will keep this one forever."
"This brownie recipe has replaced every brownie recipe I own, even the recipe that won 1st place at the county fair I was a judge at years ago! That says it all! : )"
"If I could give these brownies 10 stars, I would! Easy to make, quick, common ingredients, & a 9x13 pan of super-delicious treats that made everyone in my family happy! Satisfied the chocolate craving of two kids. Moist. I cut the sugar to 1 2/3 cups, & used a 12 oz. bag of semisweet chocolate chips. Will make these often!"
"Easy to make and delicious. Always have these ingredients on hand except the chocolate chunks. I used a heaping cup of chocolate chips as I alway have those in my pantry. Will definitely make again."