- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Zucchini Cakes
Sort By :
"I am storing this recipe for this summer when zucchini is plentiful. Wondering how thiswould be with a can of crab instead of tuna for a low fat version of a crab cake."
"These were very delicious. I used 2 cans of tuna fish, drained, instead of the pouch and used panko bread crumbs. I then baked them in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes because I thought that would be a lot less messy than trying to flip them in a pan. They turned out great! Will make again!"
"These were excellent!"
"I used fresh caught tuna, and garden fresh zucchini, this is wonderful! I will definatly make these again!"
"These are wonderful! I used Italian bread crumbs for more flavor. The last time I made them I added a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar. My husband, who is a hates squash, ate two of them! Definitely will make again."