- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Zucchini Cakes
Sort By :
"Very tasty! Needed almost double the amount of bread crumbs, but otherwise was a great meal."
"They turned out great! Even my anti vegetable 15 yr old loved them!"
"Will definitely make these again!"
"I am storing this recipe for this summer when zucchini is plentiful. Wondering how thiswould be with a can of crab instead of tuna for a low fat version of a crab cake."
"These were very delicious. I used 2 cans of tuna fish, drained, instead of the pouch and used panko bread crumbs. I then baked them in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes because I thought that would be a lot less messy than trying to flip them in a pan. They turned out great! Will make again!"