Here's a great combination of seafood and garden vegetables. Friends tell me that they like that it's so colorful and pretty, not to mention so wonderful to eat! —Billie Blanton, Kingsport, Tennessee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Zucchini Cakes in Country Extra September 1992, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Zucchini Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review