Shrimp, mango and pineapple on skewers make a sunny presentation at parties. To boost flavors, we use a coconut milk, lime juice and cilantro marinade. —Mary Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 30 uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound size), peeled and deveined
- 30 mango cubes (about 1 large mango)
- 30 fresh pineapple cubes (about 1-1/2 cups)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On each of 30 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread one shrimp, one mango cube and one pineapple cube. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. In batches, cook kabobs 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tropical Island Shrimp Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p73
Reviews for Tropical Island Shrimp Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review