- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a microwave melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are set and tops are slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Chocolate Brownie Cookies
"I've made these cookies twice and they are just to die for! Even my husband who's not much of a fan of sweets can't stop munching on these bad boys :)"
"The first time I made these was for a cookie exchange at my church. They were such a hit that every year I get requests to make them again. My son-in-law begs for his own batch. The only thing I change is eliminating the shortening for the drizzle."
"The first time I made these was for a cookie exchange at my church. They were such a hit that every year I get requests to make them again. My son-in-law begs for his own batch. The only thing I change is eliminating the shortning for the drizzle."
"I bakes these only 7 min. and they came out just the way I like brownies - just a little bit underdone."
"i made these cookies sooooooooooooo many times and everybody who tried them just loved them and the most repeated comment i heard was "they taste like heaven" and i was asked to bake 350 cokkies of these for a workshop"
"Super good, I did modify by shaking alot of powdered sugar instead of drizzling chocolate on top"
"My daughters would probably rate these with 5 stars. They are delicious but I had some trouble with the recipe. My cookies came out extremely chocolaty with the amount of unsweetened chocolate called for. That's not bad except I was expecting a lighter color cookie. Also, the dough stays stuck to the spoon and if I try to form balls instead, it sticks to my hands, too. For the drizzle, I would really rather melt the chips alone. Using the shortening prevented the drizzle from drying and then the cookies stuck to each other."
"these are super yummy and easy to make."