Sweet Beef Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a pressure cooker, brown beef, onions and garlic in oil over medium heat. Stir in salt, ginger, pepper and nutmeg. Combine the apricot nectar, soy sauce, molasses and brown sugar; pour over meat. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 20 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on it's own.
- Remove meat with a slotted spoon. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in meat and serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Beef Stew in Country Woman March/April 2001, p41
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review