Of all the appetizers I serve, this tempting cheese spread is the most popular. It has the right combo of sweet and savory flavors our kids love. The warm topping makes it a standout! —Lee Ann Miller, Millersburg, Ohio
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, onion and garlic salt. Shape into a disk; transfer to a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans; cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Sweet & Savory Cream Cheese Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p239