Sunshine Crepes Recipe
"My family wanted just a light brunch and coffee this year for Christmas morning, so I whipped up these sweet and fruity crepes that were a big hit with everyone! To save even more time, use pre-made crepes,” suggests Mary Hobbs, Campbell, Missouri.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, eggs and oil. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges and vanilla; fold in whipped topping. Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each crepe; roll up. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Crepes in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p38
Reviews for Sunshine Crepes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Crepes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >