- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- VANILLA FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; seal.
- Cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe eight 3-1/2-in. logs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each to allow stream to escape; cool. Split and set the tops aside. Discard soft dough inside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs; replace tops. Spread with chocolate topping. Yield: 8 eclairs.
Reviews for Sugar-free Chocolate Eclairs
Sort By :
I've made these twice now, and they are always good. I'm making them to take to my in-laws tomorrow. Both my father-in-law and my husband are diabetic so these more diabetic- friendly than regular eclairs. I do have one question that I wish someone could answer; is there a way to guarantee that they will form properly, or is it a hit and miss kind of thing? I always have a problem with the shells not hardening all the way in random spots. Is there a fix for this, something that I am doing incorrectly?
My family loves these eclairs!
Very tasty and easy. I did use a full box of pudding each for the filling and topping.
This was amazing! I had my family rate it on how many stars (on a scale of 1-5) they would give it and it got a 6! I thought this was amazing! The fat wasn't missed and neither was the carbs! It's a keeper!
These eclairs are sooo good. And VERY easy to make. Not real time consuming. Will be making them again.Thank you Dorothy for sharing your recipe.