Stuffed Peppers for Two Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, rice, 2 tablespoons of cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Stuff the peppers; place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Peppers for Two(7)
Sort By :
Since we are empty nesters I was glad to find this recipe for two. They were really good, will definately be on my menu again!
My husband really liked these. I found it a bit hard to know when they were done. I had them in the oven for about 1 and a half hours and it still didn't look done even though I think it was.
I love these! Don't use to small of casserole dish though, because once the juices get to flow over they can easily over flow. YUMMY!!
These were really good! Hubby really liked it, and says ok to make again! That's when I know I've cooked something tasty!
I've made this recipe a few times. I usually use red peppers (I just think they taste better!) and it's pretty basic, I melt on the cheddar cheese for the boyfriend and he loves it. This recipe is SUPER SIMPLE! If you are an apprehensive or beginner cook like I am, this recipe will be easy-peasy for you :) Also, you can usually get 3 peppers out of it incase someone wants seconds!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >