Streusel Strawberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Streusel Strawberry Muffins(3)
Sort By :
I made these without the streusel topping, and they were excellent. With the topping, they would have been outstanding. I used non-fat strawberry yogurt for extra flavor.
I think this is an excellent muffin recipe! We can't wait to try them with peach or blueberry as well! They turned just right in moistness for our taste - much better than other recipes I've tried before.
I made these tonight and I have mixed feelings. I like the flavor and simplicity of the recipe, especially the pieces of strawberry in nearly every bite! The batter was very dry and I think I over-mixed because my muffins were tough. I also used a container Weight Watchers yogurt and some regular strawberry Yoplait. It might be better to not use the WW yogurt. I will try these again and possibly sift the flour to get some lightness.