- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cookies
"Very easy to make and tasty."
"These are great cookies and one if my son's favorites. If I didn't make them every Christmas, I would be in trouble!"
"These are a family favorite. I make them throughout the year and switch fillings. Plum jam, apricot jam, tart cherry and even fig. All delicious and they freeze and ship well."
"Excellent! Easy prep - and the taste can't be beat. Thanks for sharing."
"One of my top 3 favorite cookies ever both in taste and ease of prep. Put the jelly in a plastic bag snip if the corner and pipe in...makes it so much easier!!"
"Quick and easy to make and tastes great!!"
"I ran across this recipe and decided to give it a try. That was two years ago. Everyone loves them and requests the recipe. I have even changed up the type of jelly."
"These cookies taste like a cheesecake tart! Always very popular and make every holiday!"
"I am not a huge fan of this type of cookie but my husband loves this recipe. So it is a keeper"