- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cookies
"These are great cookies and one if my son's favorites. If I didn't make them every Christmas, I would be in trouble!"
"These are a family favorite. I make them throughout the year and switch fillings. Plum jam, apricot jam, tart cherry and even fig. All delicious and they freeze and ship well."
"Made these for a Christmas cookie swap. They're now a favorite that I make year round."
"Excellent! Easy prep - and the taste can't be beat. Thanks for sharing."
"One of my top 3 favorite cookies ever both in taste and ease of prep. Put the jelly in a plastic bag snip if the corner and pipe in...makes it so much easier!!"