Strawberry Cream Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, cut up
- Additional whole strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; fold gently into egg mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased and waxed paper-lined jelly roll pan. Spread batter evenly over pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Turn out onto a cloth that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper from cake; roll up cloth and cake. Cool.
- For filling, whip cream, sugar and vanilla. Unroll cake and spread filling over it; sprinkle with strawberries. Roll up the cake again and chill 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with strawberries, and additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cake Roll(4)
Sort By :
TIHS LOOK REALY GOOD
I have made this recipe three times in the last week. Rave reviews each time.
I made the cake recipe twice just to make sure I did not screw it up... and no... The recipe is not right. The cake was thin, firm, and rubbery..... I finally had to just find another cake recipe and use the filling from this page... I am an expierienced baker and cake decorator... This is horrible... try this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/strawberry-cream-roll/detail.aspx
I love this cake, have made it many times. Well worth the trouble!!