Spicy Tomato Juice Recipe
- 13 pounds ripe tomatoes (about 40 medium)
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Quarter tomatoes; place in a 6-qt. kettle. Add the celery, onions, green pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly; put through a sieve or food mill. Return to kettle. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Pour into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Freeze for up to 12 months. Yield: about 5 quarts.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Juice(1)
Sort By :
This was an awesome no brainer in my book! This juice is excellent. I had been looking for something to make my Bloody Mary's with that was low sodium and what I did find that was low sodium was not really low sodium for me. This fit the bill beyond words and I now have something for my Bloody Mary's and I can control the salt. Excellent flavor! All smiles now!