Sour Cream Drops Recipe
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan until golden brown; stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Drops(8)
Sort By :
These cookies are great! Very nice texture, and the frosting is just right--not too sweet. Very easy to make. These are my son's favorite cookie, and he is a picky eater. I doubled the ingredients for the frosting so that there was enough for all the cookies. I will make this recipe again.
The first time I made these cookies my husband thought they looked like buttered biscuits. He kept asking me where the cookies where. After I went over and pointed them out he tasted them. Between him and my 2 children none where left for friends. They are very good. I make them several times a year and always get requests.
Use a generous portion of baking soda and powder. Refridgeration is not needed before baking if all of the flour mixture is added at once. Must double or triple the icing recipe to get the generous portions shown in model picture. Otherwise fast & easy to make.
These cookies (when made correctly) are delicious and addicting!!! I had to substitute the shortening with butter, because I didn't have any on hand. I will be making these cookies over and over again!