Sour Cream Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the water, broth, carrots, mustard, cumin and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel broccoli stalks and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Coarsely chop florets. Add to onion mixture; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan and heat through. Dollop each serving with sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Broccoli Soup
Sort By :
"I'd like it a little more thick but it was easy to make and healthy."
"This was very good and very easy. I used the broccoli stalks that are usually thrown away and chopped small. Added a little black pepper and omitted the cumin. Very simple, very good. My husband wanted more but it only made 3 decent size servings."