- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, divided
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with a small amount of milk)
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove 24 peas and one carrot chunk from the stew vegetables; set aside. Add the remaining vegetables to beef. Cook until vegetables are thawed. Add gravy; mix well.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with eight mashed potato snowmen, using 1 tablespoon of potatoes for each head and 3 tablespoons for each body. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut the reserved carrot into eight strips. Insert one strip into each snowman for a nose. Place three reserved peas on each for buttons. Add peppercorns for eyes. Drizzle ketchup between head and body to form a scarf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Snowman Party Stew
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. So easy & fun! The only thing I change is to use black olive pieces for the eyes."
"I made this for my Bible Study group last night and it was a big hit!!! They all wanted the recipe. Beware of the ketchup...you may want to use slivers of red pepper instead. If the ketchup squirts out wrong....and it will as ketchup does....your snowman looks like he got shot! :)"