Get a little snow at the holidays, no matter where you are. Head to the kitchen and bake a batch of angel cookies swirled with heavenly frosting. —Carolyn Moseley, Dayton, Ohio
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- Coarse sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. angel-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, shortening, lemon juice and enough water to reach a spreading consistency. Spread or pipe over cookies; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Snow Angel Cookies in Taste of Home November 2014, p62
Reviews forSnow Angel Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2016
"Delicious. Love the cinnamon flavor"