- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef, celery and onion over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"Good and easy. I had no chile sauce, so used a can of tomato sauce to go with 1 pound of ground beef. I added some chili powder for flavor's sake. I love simple recipes like this one that lend themselves to lots of variations. The possibilities are endless!"
"Fantastic! Easy! Delicious! I will make these again."
"very good I add red pepper"
"Great recipe and its wonderful to make it in a slow cooker for hot Summer months or anytime of the year for that matter. Cut the sugar down for health reasons, however, followed the recipe exactly & was still yummy. For the reviewers who mentioned their husbands didn't like this recipe, it doesn't mean that the recipe is not good & its merely an opinion.Carol, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to share your recipe with us."
"Not really sure why anyone would want to dirty up a slow cooker when there's a perfectly good skillet there already in use, but great recipe! Especially with less sugar and more heat. :)"