Ground cumin, chili powder and a can of Mexican diced tomatoes jazz up my goulash recipe. Even the elbow macaroni is prepared in the slow cooker. —Melissa Polk, West Lafayette, Indiana
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, water, onion, green pepper, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Goulash in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Spicy Goulash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review