Slow-Cooked Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, butter and salt. Stir in the cheddar cheese, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese and macaroni.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until center is set, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining sharp cheddar cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Mac 'n' Cheese
Sort By :
"Made this for a "tailgating" type dinner recently and it received many great reviews - had a number of people say "don't lose that recipe". I substituted nacho blend cheese for the cheddar and kept the sharp cheddar. Definitely a hit in our family."
"Eh. I liked that this recipe does not have a lot of fake ingredients in it, like cheese soup & velveeta, but it definitely lacks a nice creamy consistency. The taste is fine, but the texture is pretty weird."
"This was mushy, very gloppy, and had an unpleasant taste. It was inedible! I've never thrown away a dinner before, this was the first one."
"Loved it...would definitely try a lighter version, like cut back on the butter used (there was so much grease sitting on the top that I mopped it up with paper towels) & use reduced fat cheese instead. I also added 2 squirts of mustard for an extra taste :o) My family loved it."