A half hour is all you need to mix up this colorful crowd-pleaser. Offering plenty of shrimp, artichoke hearts, olives, peppers and a host of herbs, it's a tasty change-of-pace from pasta salads. "The recipe completes any buffet," notes Ginger Johnson of Farmington, Illinois.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the shrimp, peppers, artichokes, onion, parsley, dill and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Orzo Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Orzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review