- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough on a greased baking sheet; seal perforations. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage mixture to within 3 in. of long sides and 1 in of ends. On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternately strips at an angle, forming a braid.
- Brush dough with egg. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Braid
Sort By :
I have made this for years and we continue to love it! Thank you for sharing.
This recipe is so awesome and customizable. I added habaneros and jalepenos for my husband who loves spice. Omitted the celery because I don't like it. The bottom of the crust was a tad soggy so I will bake the next loaf 5 minutes longer or try baking on parchment paper.
I've made this braid several times, and everyone really loves it!
Loved this recipe! It is truly the best brunch braid I've ever tasted. I modified the recipe to include scrambled eggs. I used only 6 oz. pork sausage and substituted the celery with 1/4 c. chopped mushrooms. After cooking sausage and vegetables, I pushed to one side of pan and added egg mixture (mix 4 eggs, 1/4 c. milk, A dash or aprox. 1/4 tsp. of hot chili sauce, 1 tsp. dried parsley instead of fresh parsley, 2 T. chopped green onion, salt & pepper to taste) I then added-- 2 oz. of cream cheese, cubed to pan. Allow egg mixture to partially set and then stir together with sausage and vegetables. Fantastic flavor and easy to make. My teenage son loved this and even asked for seconds.
Great! I have made this many times and it's always a hit.