Satisfying Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine water and flour; pour over beef. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Satisfying Beef Stew(4)
Sort By :
My daughter doesn't like tomatoes so I didn't add the extra can of tomatoes as another reviewer did, but I did put in the 15 oz can of tomato sauce in and since it wasn't too tomatoey she happily ate it without even asking if there were tomatoes in it. Score one for mom!
This is a hearty and very tasty stew! I followed the recipe precisely except for one thing. I added a can of diced tomato (Italian flavor) and it was delicious. My entire family loved it! Will definitely be making it again!
Excellent! Stew was hearty and very tasty! I did add one thing which was diced tomatoes (Italian flavor). My family loved this stew and I will definitely be making it again!
This is a really great tasting stew and there is just one thing I would change. The recipe has too much black pepper so would maybe cut that in half. I also did not add the cloves. It has a great flavor and I will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >