- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon seedless strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Place in oven 5-6 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
- Place rhubarb, blueberries and cranberries in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar and toss to combine. Transfer to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in jam and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and orange juice, beating well after each addition. Pour over fruit, spreading evenly.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cake from pan with a knife; invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb-Berry Upside-Down Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2015
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Upside-Down Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review