- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cereal and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Ranger Cookies
Sort By :
"The description of this cookie sums it up perfectly. Crispy outside, cake-like in the middle. There is a slight crunch from the crisp rice cereal. As other reviews stated, the dough is definitely loose and crumbly, but nothing that rolling into balls doesn't fix. Excellent cookie!"
"These were really good. I've had ranger cookies before but never homemade. I'll make them again . The dough was loose but as another review pointed out, I just rolled them in balls and pressed with the heel of my hand and baked them for 12 minutes. Oh I very lightly sprayed cookie sheet with cooking spray. They all came out perfectly. I may try butter next time, but why fix a good thing, right."
"These were the best cookies I have had in a long time, they are very tasty and you can't just each one. My friends really liked them............"
"Love the chewy, coco-nutty goodness of these! Makes so many I cut recipe in half. Used coconut extract this time around. MMMMMM...."
"I was a little worried about these cookies because of the one bad review. They turned out great! I rolled them in small balls and flattened them before baking them for 11minutes. Delicious!"