- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium purple potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh kale or spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir potatoes, carrot and seasonings until vegetables are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Add kale and garlic; continue cooking until vegetables are lightly browned and kale is tender, 2-4 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Rainbow Hash
"It is quite good. I used 2 sweet potatoes as purple potatoes generally cannot be found outside of the occasional farmer's market. Could maybe use some onion, but is good as-is."
"This was quite good. It could use some onion, maybe. I had to use 2 sweet potatoes, as purple potatoes are generally only found at farmer's markets (I made this in December)."
"I was actually pleasantly surprised with the flavor of this. I made it thinking it was going to turn out rather bland, but it's actually really decent. Cooking the potatoes took longer than expected. Four stars because it could probably use a few more ingredients to flesh it out."
"I loved the amount and variety of vegetables in this recipe. Our grocery store was out of the purple potatoes so I just substituted an extra sweet potato. I added a can of white beans and a little bacon for extra protein."
"A really nice idea. I cut the amount of spinach in half, as the original amount seemed a bit overpowering, and I added some cooked yellow corn, which added even more "color." And, just because I had some tiny cubes of ham on hand, I added that to the mix. De-LISH."