Nothing beats this creamy pudding for homemade pumpkin pie flavor. I can make this comforting pudding in the morning or even the night before and pop it in the refrigerator until supper. It's one of my family's favorite dessert.—Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Additional pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Gingersnaps, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, 1/2 cup cream, pudding mix and pie spice; whisk until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; place a dollop on each serving of pudding. Sprinkle with pie spice. Serve with gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pudding in Country Woman November/December 1997, p37
Reviews for Pumpkin Spiced Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review