- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and pumpkin pie spice. In another bowl, beat the pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cookies(6)
Sort By :
This is the PERFECT brunch cookie! It is super moist and 'muffin top' like. Because I used a spice cake mix didn't add spice. But did add 1/2 cup of walnuts. With or without icing very good. This is a great recipe to have a little fun with- think of adding nuts, raisins, coconut... whatever you like. Also, uniced makes a great cookie to take to brunch potluck. Transports easily and the recipe makes a lot!!
These are easy and diabetic friendly. Lovely texture, though they need about 3-4 more minutes baking, unless you like them doughy in center. I leave off the frosting and my husband likes it on! I'm diabetic, so do without. We have these with our nightly pot of tea.
Easy to make, I love the texture of the cookies!
I used old fashioned oatmeal and allspice instead of pumpkin pie spice. Next time I will add raisins. Excellent recipe and makes just the right amount when using an ice cream scoop.
I used spice cake mix, instead of yellow and I add dry orange-cranberries. Delicious treat, you can't eat just one piece!
More Recipe Collections
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Oatmeal Cookies >
- Pumpkin Cookies >