- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and pumpkin pie spice. In another bowl, beat the pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews forPumpkin Spice Cookies
"Tasted a bit bland"
"This is the PERFECT brunch cookie! It is super moist and 'muffin top' like. Because I used a spice cake mix didn't add spice. But did add 1/2 cup of walnuts. With or without icing very good. This is a great recipe to have a little fun with- think of adding nuts, raisins, coconut... whatever you like. Also, uniced makes a great cookie to take to brunch potluck. Transports easily and the recipe makes a lot!!"
"easy to make, I love the texture of the cookies!"
"I used old fashioned oatmeal and allspice instead of pumpkin pie spice. Next time I will add raisins. Excellent recipe and makes just the right amount when using an ice cream scoop."
"I used spice cake mix, instead of yellow and I add dry orange-cranberries. Delicious treat, you can't eat just one piece!"
"I adore these cookies! I've been making them for years and they are my absolute favorite cookies. The oats give them a nice soft texture and this really is one of the easiest recipes to make. The frosting has just enough of the acidic taste to balance well with the pumpkin. I recommend making double batches because they will go quickly ;)"