- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broccoli, onion, carrots, celery, bouillon and water; simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to vegetable mixture with the ham; simmer 10 minutes until heated through. Stir in cheese just until melted. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Priscilla's Vegetable Chowder
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this again! Really easy to make. Love it!"
"Simple, easy and TASTY!! Plenty of room for substitutions to meet everyone's dietary needs. Thanks for sharing!"
"I made this exactly as directed, and it was wonderful. Tastes like a good broccoli cheese plus potatoes and ham."
"I LOVED THIS SOUP! and normally I would not rave about a vegetable chowder. Made a few adjustments, left out the ham, added some garlic, but over all it was amazing!"
"I've made this twice now and my family absolutely love it! What a treat on a cold, bitter day. I'm having a bowl right now! I add some lemon pepper, dried parsley and paprika for a little color, otherwise didn't change a thing!"