VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled (about 10)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, just until tender, 12-15 minutes. Add celery and onion; continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together next six ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes; return to large saucepan with celery and onions. Add vinegar mixture, tossing to combine. Add bacon. Simmer mixture until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Potluck German Potato Salad in Taste of Home September/October 2017