"To serve a group, these lightly sweet bars are a lot easier to make than fussing with individual cookies," says Elizabeth Poire, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. "They're my favorite to prepare and eat."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips,divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Set aside 1/4 cup chips; stir remaining chips into batter.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved chips. Bake at 375° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Polka-Dot Cookie Bars in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p64
Reviews for Polka-Dot Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review