- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 cups sliced fresh plums (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. With clean hands, work butter into sugar mixture until well combined. Add nuts; toss to combine. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the plums, tapioca, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle topping over plum mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and plums are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Plum Crisp in Country Woman June/July 2011, p45
Reviews for Plum Crisp with Crunchy Oat Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2011
"Yummy! Perfect recipe for using up Costco plums before they went bad. So easy. I didn't use the nuts and cut the sugar a bit. I didn't peel plums as recipe didn't mention the need to peel."