These coveted brownie bars are homey and chocolaty awesome. They've been a sought-after staple on Christmas cookie trays for years. — Troy Shaw, Warrenton, OR
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped salted roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; gradually add flour to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Press dough onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil and egg until blended.
- Spread brownie batter over hot crust. Bake 14-16 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Pistachio Brownie Toffee Bars in Taste of Home December 2015, p82
Reviews for Pistachio Brownie Toffee Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2015
"These bars turned out beautifully. This will definitely be a Christmas favorite!"
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2015
"These bars are so delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"