In Fairbanks, Alaska, Isabel Fowler fires up the grill to cook these easy kabobs. Try them at your next backyard gathering!
- 1/4 cup each reduced-sodium soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple, chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic. Set aside 1/3 cup. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the shrimp, green pepper and pineapple. Place kabobs in a large resealable plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over kabobs. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Cover and chill reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review