- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Cake
Sort By :
"I don't get what all the fuss is about. I made this for my family of 4 plus my mother-in-law who was visiting. None of us thought it was anything special. It was okay, but I can't see that I'll be making it again."
"On my gosh, is this wonderful!!! Refreshing and so tasty! My Group loved this, ate it up within 5 minutes. This is a definite keeper.....in answer to Marykauhi, I just used the small package of Jello Instant Pudding.......I think that 1 oz pkg is a typo. Try this!!!!!! I'm not a fruit type dessert fan, but wow, is this yummy!!!!"
"I haven't made this yet. I need to know where you find 1 ounce packages of instant pudding."
"This has been a hit with everyone who has tried it from family, friends and coworkers. Many have asked me for the recipe."
"Light and delicious and a hit with everyone who's tasted it. I prefer to make the topping with regular instant pudding instead of sugar-free, so there's no hint of an aspartame aftertaste..."