- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Cake
Sort By :
"Wonderful cake!! The Grandkids love helping make this cake. We enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing."
"Nice, light, refreshing cake. My husband does not have a sweet tooth, so he appreciated this cake the most. He can't stand super sweet buttercream type frostings. The mixture of pudding, pineapple and whipped topping was perfect. The cake was much more spongey than most cakes which made it come out of the pan without any problems at all. I think I over-mixed it because there were very few discernible bits of mandarin orange in it. Next time I'll mix it less for sure. Thanks for this lovely alternative to the heavier, sweeter, quick desserts."
"I don't get what all the fuss is about. I made this for my family of 4 plus my mother-in-law who was visiting. None of us thought it was anything special. It was okay, but I can't see that I'll be making it again."
"On my gosh, is this wonderful!!! Refreshing and so tasty! My Group loved this, ate it up within 5 minutes. This is a definite keeper.....in answer to Marykauhi, I just used the small package of Jello Instant Pudding.......I think that 1 oz pkg is a typo. Try this!!!!!! I'm not a fruit type dessert fan, but wow, is this yummy!!!!"
"I originally got all mixed up and put the pineapple in the cake and the mandarin orange in the topping which I made with 8 oz cream cheese instead of the whip topping! Yesterday I made this again and was careful to follow directions exactly. I very much preferred my mixed up version and will be making it that way from now on."