Pineapple Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Cake(144)
Sort By :
very delicious, cool n refreshing for the summer. I did add a tablespoon of grated orange rind to the cake bake batter though
I made this exactly according to the recipe and took it to a funeral dinner. It was loved by all! Had several requests for the recipe. Light and moist, definitely a keeper!
I made exactly as directed! Easy and a good recipe. My family of 4 enjoyed and my husband just took the leftovers to his card night so hopefully the guys will like it also. :-)
This is one of my husband's new favorites! I made it the "less-healthy" way and followed the yellow cake directions with added mandarin oranges. I also added coconut to the coolwhip/crushed pineapple frosting. Out of this world good!!!! Next time I plan to use the mandarin orange juice in place of the water in the cake mix and also add chopped mandarin oranges to the frosting.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >