Pineapple Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Orange Cake(141)
Sort By :
I made exactly as directed! Easy and a good recipe. My family of 4 enjoyed and my husband just took the leftovers to his card night so hopefully the guys will like it also. :-)
This is one of my husband's new favorites! I made it the "less-healthy" way and followed the yellow cake directions with added mandarin oranges. I also added coconut to the coolwhip/crushed pineapple frosting. Out of this world good!!!! Next time I plan to use the mandarin orange juice in place of the water in the cake mix and also add chopped mandarin oranges to the frosting.
my whole family loves this cake, I make it for every occassion, diebeties run in my family, this is good but I use a sugar free white cake mix, best I have ever tasted. It is a family favorite for all time.
I took this to work and it was a bit hit!
Love this cake!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >