- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pineapple gelatin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Rinse seven 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, zucchini, pineapple and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin and extract until gelatin is dissolved.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool completely before covering with lids.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Pina Colada Jam
"Love it!!! I used a fresh lime and included the zest. So happy to find a recipe that uses 6 C of zucchini! I cut the sugar down to 4 C, and we liked it even better than the first time I made it. Perfect with coconut shrimp!"
"Loved this and it is so easy! This one is a keeper just like it is. Thanks for sharing!"
"The title is a little deceptive, as there is no coconut or coconut flavoring in it at all. Think I will add coconut extract next time. No stars were there to click, so now rating from me this time."
"Made some last fall when I had zucchini in the garden, used a food processor for shredding the zucchini, worked great. I made enough to give, for Christmas gifts. I like the name ot it, I had a receipe, but that was only called Zucchini Jam, so when you give this for gifts, it has a fancy name."
"Was easy to make, Tastes great, my kids love it, and it's great for my son who can't have jam/jelly as he's allergic to pectin. Made it a few times now and will keep this recipe around for years to come :)"
"this was so easy to make ,it taste great lots of things you can do with this like se it for ice cream topping or add some soy sauce along with ham or chicken and some rice"
"Pina Colada Jam--with zucchini at its peak season, this recipe is a great way to use the abundance. It freezes well, so you can have a little island paradise any time of year."
"Easy and beautiful--makes a lovely gift. But way too sweet. Is there anything that can be done to temper that?"
"I used one pectin and one gelatin. Set up great. We love this with coconut shrimp!"
"I absolutely love this! Just made it, but we immediately put lids on the jars so they would seal, waiting to see if it sets. I am thinking maybe putting half pectin half jello if it doesn't."