If you like pina coladas, you’ll love this! But here’s the kicker: The secret ingredient is fresh zucchini. Because this jam is so unexpectedly delicious, we challenge you to try it in a radical new way. Tell us what you think! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pineapple gelatin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Rinse seven 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, zucchini, pineapple and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin and extract until gelatin is dissolved.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool completely before covering with lids.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Pina Colada Jam in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p56
Reviews for Pina Colada Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review