- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 7 drops yellow food coloring
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
- 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum
- In a small shallow bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
- Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole on the bottom of cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Pilgrim Hat Cookies
Sort By :
"I made these with my kindergarten class. Easy enough for them to follow instructions. They came out adorable, I used icing as well for the buckles. Kids gave recipe 5 stars, they devoured them and said "These are delicious!""
"Adorable! My kids had a blast making these and everyone enjoyed eating them."
"I made these this past Thanksgiving for my daughters, my niece, and my nephews. They were a big hit. I saved a step and bought a tube of decorator's yellow icing, and I used sprinkles instead of chiclets for the buckles. They were so easy to make, and yummy too!"
"Very simple the 6 year old did these and had a lot of fun."
"Fun to make Thanksgiving morning with my 13 year old daughter while we watched the parade. Used plain white icing without the food coloring and looked just as good. Couldn't find Chiclets so cut slices of a Lifesaver Gummy and it worked great. Everyone loved them! They are our new Thanksgiving tradition!"