- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 7 drops yellow food coloring
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
- 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum
- In a small shallow bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
- Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole on the bottom of cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Pilgrim Hat Cookies
"Super easy and very cute. Had 2 dozen of them done in about 15 minutes. Could not find Chiclets anywhere, but was able to find Tic Tacs in a color that worked perfectly."
"I made these with my kindergarten class. Easy enough for them to follow instructions. They came out adorable, I used icing as well for the buckles. Kids gave recipe 5 stars, they devoured them and said "These are delicious!""
"Adorable! My kids had a blast making these and everyone enjoyed eating them."
"I made these this past Thanksgiving for my daughters, my niece, and my nephews. They were a big hit. I saved a step and bought a tube of decorator's yellow icing, and I used sprinkles instead of chiclets for the buckles. They were so easy to make, and yummy too!"
"Very simple the 6 year old did these and had a lot of fun."