Pilgrim Hat Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 7 drops yellow food coloring
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
- 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum
- In a small shallow bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
- Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole on the bottom of cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Pilgrim Hat Cookies(40)
Sort By :
I made these this past Thanksgiving for my daughters, my niece, and my nephews. They were a big hit. I saved a step and bought a tube of decorator's yellow icing, and I used sprinkles instead of chiclets for the buckles. They were so easy to make, and yummy too!
Very simple the 6 year old did these and had a lot of fun.
Fun to make Thanksgiving morning with my 13 year old daughter while we watched the parade. Used plain white icing without the food coloring and looked just as good. Couldn't find Chiclets so cut slices of a Lifesaver Gummy and it worked great. Everyone loved them! They are our new Thanksgiving tradition!
I used mini m&m's and just picked out yellow and orange ones
Really easy to make. Couldn't find the chiclets gum so I used tic tacs instead. Took this to my daughter's classroom for her Thanksgiving feast and didn't get any back!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >