Peppermint Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Meltaways
Sort By :
"Good recipe. Looks pretty on my cookie gift plates. A little too much cornstarch taste for me. Will cut it down next time."
"oh so good, this is a keeper"
"These were really easy to make! I admit having cornstarch as a main ingredient threw me, but wow! They are fantastic!!! I made these for a youth cookie sale fundraiser and there weren't any left. I have had numerous requests for the recipe."
"The frosting didn't come out at all like the picture shows but overall it was tasty."
"Very easy to make and so delicious! Friends and family ate them all up! Definitely making more to hand out for the holidays. I baked them on a silicone sheet and they came out perfect! I just used a flat metal spatula to move them to a cooling rack!"