Peppermint Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Meltaways
Sort By :
"Oh where to start. Something is wrong with this recipe. These are not great. I read other reviews and reduced the amount of cornstarch and it was still too much. The cookies did NOT hold their shape at all. They flattened and spread together. They do melt in your mouth though, they melt into a floury paste that coats your mouth. Taste is not horrible, but not sweet enough and they leave an aftertaste that is not appealing."
"Very good. They really do melt in your mouth."
"These cookies were terrible. The amount of baking soda must be a mistake. They didn't hold together like a cookie and the taste was absolutely awful!!!!"
"@Rox567Merry Christmas to you too"