Peeps Sunflower Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 to 20 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two parchment paper-lined and greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- If cake layers have rounded tops, trim with a long serrated knife to make level. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- For petals, arrange Peeps around edge of cake, curving slightly and being careful not to separate chicks. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peeps Sunflower Cake
Sort By :
"to onenonblonde: I read your review about getting several catering orders, I am just starting up my catering business and have added this cake to cake list. Do you mind me asking you an approximate price range you sale this particular cake for? I sell my with its own cake carrier (which only costed my $1.00, but I have it listed for $25.00. Would you say that is competitive or too high or low?"
"awesome idea but the peeps kept sliding off definitely try others ideas and separate them"
"Made this cake this weekend and it was a huge hit, my niece and nephews loved it! It was so festive. I used marble cake instead of yellow, I think any cake and frosting combo would work well with this fun recipe. I separated the peeps to make them fit (they slid off if I left them joined together, plus I figured it would be easier to slice). Once they were on there you couldn't tell the difference."
"This is great!Next time I make this I will use chocolate covered sunflower seeds instead of the chocolate chips!"
"I have made this cake several times. I used a fudge chocolate cake mix. Yummm..."