- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 to 20 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two parchment paper-lined and greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- If cake layers have rounded tops, trim with a long serrated knife to make level. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- For petals, arrange Peeps around edge of cake, curving slightly and being careful not to separate chicks. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peeps Sunflower Cake
Sort By :
"I made this cake with my son last Easter, for my elderly mother who loves Peeps. The cake came out great, was easy to make and was a hit as an Easter desert, not just for mom but for everyone who was there. We plan on making it again this year!"
"I have made this cake and it is just beautiful. I made a very dark chocolate cake instead of yellow and it was great. The Peeps were so cute. I fork-picked the frosting instead of chips and it worked and was easier. Great recipe!"
"to onenonblonde: I read your review about getting several catering orders, I am just starting up my catering business and have added this cake to cake list. Do you mind me asking you an approximate price range you sale this particular cake for? I sell my with its own cake carrier (which only costed my $1.00, but I have it listed for $25.00. Would you say that is competitive or too high or low?"
"awesome idea but the peeps kept sliding off definitely try others ideas and separate them"