Peeps Sunflower Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 to 20 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two parchment paper-lined and greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- If cake layers have rounded tops, trim with a long serrated knife to make level. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- For petals, arrange Peeps around edge of cake, curving slightly and being careful not to separate chicks. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peeps Sunflower Cake
Sort By :
"awesome idea but the peeps kept sliding off definitely try others ideas and separate them"
"Made this cake this weekend and it was a huge hit, my niece and nephews loved it! It was so festive. I used marble cake instead of yellow, I think any cake and frosting combo would work well with this fun recipe. I separated the peeps to make them fit (they slid off if I left them joined together, plus I figured it would be easier to slice). Once they were on there you couldn't tell the difference."
"This is great!Next time I make this I will use chocolate covered sunflower seeds instead of the chocolate chips!"
"I have made this cake several times. I used a fudge chocolate cake mix. Yummm..."
"I've made this adorable cake the past several years for my Easter dessert table and everyone loves it! I also buy extra Peeps in yellow, aqua, pink & orchid colors, and store the packages in an airtight metal container so I can make this cute cake for school and church bake sales throughout the year. The cakes are always the first to sell!"