Pecan Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon peel and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Cranberry Muffins(4)
Sort By :
these were excellent i used a package of cranberries/blueberries and didn't add the 1/4 c of sugar as they are sweet no nuts otherwise the same my grandchildren loved them i will make this again and again
One word to describe these muffins...DELICIOUS!!
These are addictive--soooo good! Had to substitute walnuts for pecans and added a little lemon juice instead of grated lemon peel. Will make exactly by recipe next time.
Excellent muffins with a light, almost airy texture. The cranberries and lemon peel give the muffins a bright, crisp-tart flavor.