Plenty of pecans and bacon give this stuffing a unique flavor— while using a packaged mix cuts down on the preparation time.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in stuffing mix; cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of drippings; cook celery in drippings over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring constantly. Add to corn bread mixture along with pecans, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Corn Bread Dressing in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p24
Reviews for Pecan-Corn Bread Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
"Wonderful, very tasty, my husband's favorite!"