Peanut Butter Teddies Recipe
These adorable teddies are almost too cute to eat but that won't stop the crew of youngsters who helped make them from gobbling them up.Cynthia Kolberg, Syracuse, Indiana
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 72 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 teaspoons)
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- For each pear, shape the dough into one 1-in. ball, one 3/4-in. ball, six 1/2-in. balls and one 1/4-in. ball. On an ungreased baking sheet, slightly flatten the 1-in. ball to form the body. Place the 3/4-in. ball above body for head. For limbs, place four 1/2-in. balls next to the body.
- For nose, place the 1/4-in. ball in the center of the heat. Add two chocolate chips for eyes and one chip for belly button. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Teddies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p41
Reviews for Peanut Butter Teddies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >