- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 72 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 teaspoons)
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- For each pear, shape the dough into one 1-in. ball, one 3/4-in. ball, six 1/2-in. balls and one 1/4-in. ball. On an ungreased baking sheet, slightly flatten the 1-in. ball to form the body. Place the 3/4-in. ball above body for head. For limbs, place four 1/2-in. balls next to the body.
- For nose, place the 1/4-in. ball in the center of the heat. Add two chocolate chips for eyes and one chip for belly button. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Teddies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p41
Reviews for Peanut Butter Teddies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review