"This recipe came from my mother-in-law, who gives a basket of homemade Easter candy to each of her children and grandchildren," says Robin Perry from her home in Seneca, Pennsylvania.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and marshmallow cream until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; form into egg shapes. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; immediately decorate with sprinkles if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p20
Reviews for Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Chocolate Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review