Our Test Kitchen gave simple buttercream frosting a tangy twist by adding a splash of orange juice. It goes wonderfully on orange cupcakes or over white, yellow or chocolate cake.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Add enough orange juice to achieve frosting consistency. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Orange Buttercream Frosting in Country Woman January/February 2007, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Buttercream Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review