- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons orange juice, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar blend and orange zest. Beat in the egg, egg white and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger; gradually add to the butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Coat 9 muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining orange juice. Frost cupcakes.
Splenda Sugar BlendThis recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
1 cupcake: 201 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.